MB Ford Construction is committed to respecting and ensuring the privacy of our clients, vendors and employees. The following policy is the guideline for our process and practices that will be taken to protect personal information, in accordance with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
Personal information that may be collected?
We collect only the personal information we need to provide services to our clients and to interact with our vendors. This may include;
- Your address, phone number, email address and other contact information
- Other information related to our business practices
- Information required on individuals for security purposes and for obtaining security clearances required to provide services to our clients.
We inform providers of such information, before and / or at the time of collecting such personal information, of the purposes for which we are collecting the information. No information will be collected without the written consent of the individual or company.
What is the information used for?
We collect information in order to;
- manage and develop our business and operations
- meet legal, security and regulatory requirements
- develop business opportunities
If you do not want your personal information collected or you want to withdraw your previous consent to its retention, use or disclosure, please contact usw in writing. You may withdraw your consent, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
What employee information do we collect, use and / or disclose?
We only collect, use and / or disclose the amount and type of personal employee information that is reasonable to meet the purposes noted below.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information which may include your name, home address, telephone number, and email address
- Security related information such as criminal background checks
- Previous or current employment or volunteer information which may include educational background, work history and references.
- Information collected during an employment interview.
- Emergency contact information
- Financial information including Social Insurance Numbers for the purpose of direct deposit of salary and collection of taxes
We will inform our employees of any new or additional purpose for which we will collect, use and/or disclose personal employee information and will obtain your consent before or at the time we collect the information as required.
We collect, use and / or disclose personal employee information for the following purposes;
- Determining eligibility for employment, including but not limited to, verifying qualifications and references
- Establishing training and development requirements
- Administering pay and benefits
- Assessing performance and managing performance issues
- Processing employee work-related claims, such as benefits, workers’ compensation and insurance claims
- Complying with applicable laws.
What information do we provide for employment references?
Our policy is not to disclose personal information about our employees to other organizations without written consent from the employee. However, after your employment ends with us, other companies may request information about you in the form of an employment reference. The personal information we normally provide in an employment reference may include the following;
- Confirmation that you were an employee, including the position and date range of the employment
- General information about job duties and your ability to perform those duties and your success in the employment relationship.
How is your personal information protected?
Every reasonable effort will be made to protect, prevent any loss, misuse, disclosure or modification of personal information by any unauthorized persons. Access to client information is restricted to those who have a direct need to know and are directly engaged in the services being provided to the client. Client information will only retained for as long as the information is necessary complete a contract agreement or standing offer for services.
How is your information maintained?
Every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that your personal information is current and up to date. Notwithstanding it is up to the individual or client representative to ensure personal information that may affect our business relationship is current and accurate and updated when changes occur. You are responsible to make us aware of any errors in your personal information that we may have on record. Errors will be corrected immediately upon written notice. As required secure measures will be taken for the destruction of personal information which recorded in hard copy or when deleting electronic records. We will only retain your information only as long as is reasonable to fulfil the purposes for which we gathered the information or for legal purposes.
Disclosure of information to other parties?
We will not disclose personal information to employees or a third party without your written consent.
Can you access your personal information?
We support your right to access your personal information at any time. We will provide access to your personal information upon written request and in accordance with established procedures. If a request is refused, we, we will provide reasons for the refusal in writing.
Under the rules of the Privacy Protection Acts access to information will be automatically refused where such information would reveal personal information about another individual. We may therefore withhold portions of information requested and provide only the remainder on record.
How can you access your personal information?
You may request access to your personal information by emailing us at the address below or by faxing us at the number below. You may be required to provide additional information to allow us to properly identify you and authenticate the request for the information you are seeking.
Questions and concerns
If you have any questions regarding the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information by MB Ford Construction or want to access your personal information, please contact our office at the following;
If you find the response unsatisfactory or require assistance by the regulatory body, please contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.